Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bullets Bombs and Babes

Yes, let us note the passing of Andy Sidaris. He was mostly known for his Playmates with guns films with amazing titles (my favourite being Hard Ticket To Hawaii), but he won seven Emmys as a director of network sports coverage, including starting ABC's Wide World of Sports.

Sidaris also pioneered what he called "the honey shot" - the closeups of pretty girls in the stands they cutaway to throughout the game.

Here's the trailer for Picasso Trigger!

2 comments:

TAS said...

My second visit here, and I can say with full confidence that this is one fantastic blog (seriously). You are linked.

Keep 'em flying!

Poptique said...

Andy Sidaris has passed on? You've got me worried about Cirio Santiago now.

What an astounding tits & triggers legacy though - in fact I thought "Hard Ticket to Hawaii" before I even read any further... (if I'm not mistaken, that's the one with the giant snake in the toilet. Ah...glory days).