Monday, November 20, 2006

Le Parisien

The Imperial Six has a sister in Montreal. Le Parisien.


I almost did a backflip when I rounded a corner heading to St. Catherine Street and came across this near clone of the Imperial Six's seventies sci-fi lobby, all white lighting and helvetica signage (The Imperial had a little something extra - TV screens behind glass, rolling previews...) I always thought the design was cool - no wonder Montreal's seen fit to keep theirs.

Le Parisien's programming is like the Carlton in Toronto - mostly francophone arthouse fare. The photo here was taken during the World Film Festival in the late eighties.

We need more Imperial Six memories, people.


milo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
milo said...

Last film I saw at the Imperial 6 was "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome". I remember seeing "Doctor Butcher" posters when I walked by as a kid. Cheers,ES.