Monday, October 01, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 1: THE HAUNTING


The Haunting poster by Toronto's own Phantom City Creative
I watch lots of horror films regularly, for work and pleasure, so it might not be much of a change of viewing habits, but for 31 days straight...? Now that is a change. I'll be doing this with my wife, Kat, who is quite the movie fiend, but hasn't seen some of the films that I consider to be on the canon of horror. Tonight, a classic... Robert Wise's The Haunting, based on Shirley Jackson's novel, "The Haunting of Hill House".

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep on this run with a new film every day, culminating with a 35mm screening of Creepshow preceded by an on stage conversation with George A. Romero at TIFF Bell Lightbox. Nice way to round it all off!






No comments: